Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vacation Day 1: Ohio

"ONE TOUCH OF NATURE MAKES THE WHOLE WORLD KIN." 
{WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE}

Today I got to see my lovely Grandma after a year and a half! It has been way too long since I got to see her last, but that just made seeing her that much sweeter. It feels so good to know that I can be away from Ohio for so long and still feel so at home whenever I come back. As much as I love Texas, there will always be a part of me that only Ohio can understand. Ohio in the summer is something that most people don't understand the beauty of, and probably many residents of the state take for granted, but it surely doesn't go unnoticed in my eyes. The weather is perfect--today it was sunny and 65 with a breeze--the grass is soft and green, the sky is blue, and the flowers are still in bloom and not dead yet (like many Texas plants of the non-cactus variety).



I civilly forced my awesome mom to take a picture of me hugging my Grandma as soon as she opened the door, which turned out a bit like this:



We took my Grandma to lunch at Mapleside Farms, a beautiful 100 acre apple orchard located in Brunswick, Ohio. We took family pictures which I posted to Facebook, but here are some shots of the scenery that I didn't post.





Up until about 7 o'clock (when it started getting cloudy and the sky opened up) we had beautiful weather. Mapleside was peaceful as always, and I am so glad that I got to spend my first day of vacation there! I was blessed with the company of my always loving always forgiving family and one of the wisest and most caring women I know--my Grandma. 

Now time to ring in the 4th of July at the Indians game tomorrow... Happy holiday weekend everyone! 

xoxo

Maddy 


1 comment: