Friday, July 4, 2014

Vacation Day 2: Ohio, Fourth of July!

"FREEDOM LIES IN BEING BOLD." 
{ROBERT FROST}

Happy Fourth of July, fellow Americans! What a great day to be repping the red white and blue.

We hung out at my Grandma's the majority of the day, messing around with puzzles, playing catch, and taking super patriotic pictures like this. 


So much sisterly love! (This picture actually took SO long to take because Cam wasn't really feelin' it at first... who can blame her? My obsessive compulsive picture taking isn't for everyone. Thank God she puts up with me still.) 

We went to the Cleveland Indians game with my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Greg, cousin Lindsay and her boyfriend Dan to watch some baseball, because after all... what is a better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than eating hot dogs, drinking beer, and partaking in America's favorite pastime? Shoutout to all of you guys for coming out by the way... it was so great getting to catch up! 

Here is my favorite pic of the stadium, I absolutely love how the sun looks in this photo-- if you can't tell by now, I'm obsessed with lens flares. 


We walked through a graveyard to get from the parking lot to Progressive Stadium, and I got so excited because I find graveyards so fascinating! They totally creep me out, but I feel like they have so much character and a great deal of stories hidden between the tombstones--it's hard not to be fixated by them. I got a few cool shots, the sun was perfect in them! 



It was very cool after the game because service men and women were brought out onto the field to watch the fireworks show. They also thanked all of the service men and women who were in the audience, and I had the privilege of seeing my Uncle Greg proudly stand up among many others in the stadium to receive applause from the crowd. 


I took a different approach to fireworks pictures this Fourth of July, and decided to do some experimentation with bokeh. The results were pretty cool--some of the pictures had a lot of light in them (such as the first three below) but others were more abstract. Either way, it was fun to experiment with because I love trying different things! 





Overall it was a great Fourth of July, spent in a beautiful place and with my beautiful family. Time to get some sleep for our family reunion picnic tomorrow! 

xoxo, 

Maddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment