Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY Name Tags and Place Cards

After making the Pennant Banner for the bridal shower, I made name tags and place cards as well. They are cute and really simple to make, and matched the banner so well! This post isn't as detailed as the DIY Pennant Banner because I don't have as many pictures from the process, but I will explain it in as most detail as possible.


What you need*:

Burlap specialty paper
Creme/off white textured paper
Pin Backs
Variety of small assorted flowers
Hot glue/glue gun

We had 24 guests attending the bridal shower, which was perfect for this project. I cut burlap squares that were 3" wide and 2" tall, and got exactly 24 squares from one 12"X12" piece of burlap.

To make the actual paper name plates, I used Adobe Indesign (you could use word as well). Each name plate was 2.5" wide and 1.5" tall, and I used the same font that I copied onto the pennant banner. I got the name  plates printed at FedEx and it was only a quarter for 2 sheets!

After you cut out the name plates and burlap, hot glue the name plates to the middle of the burlap squares. Then add the decorative flowers on the edges and glue the pin backs onto the top back of the burlap. I did it with the clasp on the left side. Make sure to use lots of hot glue and apply them with pressure so they don't fall off!



Place cards are even easier to make! 

What you need*: 

Textured paper
Small assorted flowers
Hot glue/glue gun
Small X-acto knife

I used Adobe Indesign for the layout of these place cards as well. I made rectangles that were 4.5" wide by 2" tall. I divided them in half long ways (where I would later fold them), and then typed the names in the same font as the banner and name tags and centered it in the lower half of the rectangle. 

I printed these out at FedEx as well; four sheets were about two quarters. I cut out the rectangles then  used this small X-acto knife my dad got me years ago to to make a line long ways on the rectangle that I then easily folded over to make the place card. I hot glued the small flowers, and that was it! 

Super easy, and super cute. 



*All supplies were purchased at Hobby Lobby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment